dad's new toy

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Jan 29, 2010.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

thanks bill:waving:

i used a different paint than i always have in the past. instead of rustoleum i used that valspar that tractor supply company sells. i can't wait to see how it holds up to the abuse it's gonna see. i still have to paint the springs/spring brackets, get it put back together then the whole thing will get a nice coat of ff:cool2:

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

got the springs and spring brackets painted yesterday then, got it put back together today. the installation process required a lot of fluid filming:weightlifter::weightlifter:

first i sprayed/wiped down the area behind where the springs sit since there's no way i could easily do it after they were back on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next i sprayed the inside of the springs and the sides that face the backside of the plow

[​IMG]

sprayed down the inside and outside of the sprong bracket. the adjustment rod that the bracket slides over was also sprayed liberally but those pictures didn't come out good :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

soaked all the bolts/washers/nuts

[​IMG]

once everything was tightened/adjusted i sprayed the rest of the blade down then wiped it in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

our new plow finally looks like a new plow:cool2::cool2::cool2:

[​IMG]

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good :waving:

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

5. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

General, you put up the best pics! Impressive!!

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

thanks dan:drinkup:

those pics that show how well ff penetrates deep down to stop the rust have been droppin the jaws of everyone i've shown them too:cool2:

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

hey;) how come no one told me i messed up at posted 1 pic twice:hammerhead::hammerhead::laugh:

i was just reading threw again and noticed my caption that said i sprayed all the bolts/washers/nuts and noticed the spring bracket picture was posted twice:hammerhead::hammerhead::laugh:

here's the right pic for the caption:waving:

[​IMG]

8. JoyofFluidFilm

JoyofFluidFilm LawnSite Senior Member

awesome! woohoo! love the pics! keep em coming! :p

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

here you go joy:waving:

IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_7351.JPG

IMG_7364.JPG

IMG_7949.JPG

IMG_7954.JPG

10. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

started with that bare frame i got off of ebay and over 8 days turned it into what we wanted:cool2: used my fluid film to lubricate and protect:weightlifter:

IMG_7956.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8166.JPG

IMG_8172.JPG