1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

dad's new toy

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Jan 29, 2010.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

thanks bill:waving:

i used a different paint than i always have in the past. instead of rustoleum i used that valspar that tractor supply company sells. i can't wait to see how it holds up to the abuse it's gonna see. i still have to paint the springs/spring brackets, get it put back together then the whole thing will get a nice coat of ff:cool2:

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

got the springs and spring brackets painted yesterday then, got it put back together today. the installation process required a lot of fluid filming:weightlifter::weightlifter:

first i sprayed/wiped down the area behind where the springs sit since there's no way i could easily do it after they were back on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next i sprayed the inside of the springs and the sides that face the backside of the plow

[​IMG]

sprayed down the inside and outside of the sprong bracket. the adjustment rod that the bracket slides over was also sprayed liberally but those pictures didn't come out good :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

soaked all the bolts/washers/nuts

[​IMG]

once everything was tightened/adjusted i sprayed the rest of the blade down then wiped it in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

our new plow finally looks like a new plow:cool2::cool2::cool2:

[​IMG]

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good :waving:

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

5. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

General, you put up the best pics! Impressive!!

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

thanks dan:drinkup:

those pics that show how well ff penetrates deep down to stop the rust have been droppin the jaws of everyone i've shown them too:cool2:

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

hey;) how come no one told me i messed up at posted 1 pic twice:hammerhead::hammerhead::laugh:

i was just reading threw again and noticed my caption that said i sprayed all the bolts/washers/nuts and noticed the spring bracket picture was posted twice:hammerhead::hammerhead::laugh:

here's the right pic for the caption:waving:

[​IMG]

8. JoyofFluidFilm

JoyofFluidFilm LawnSite Senior Member

awesome! woohoo! love the pics! keep em coming! :p

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

here you go joy:waving:

IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_7351.JPG

IMG_7364.JPG

IMG_7949.JPG

IMG_7954.JPG

10. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

started with that bare frame i got off of ebay and over 8 days turned it into what we wanted:cool2: used my fluid film to lubricate and protect:weightlifter:

IMG_7956.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8166.JPG

IMG_8172.JPG