Dad's not driving me around anymore...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Because I just turned 16! It's been a long 3 years of waiting to get my license just so my dad wouldn't have to drive me around every week to mow the lawns. I can't take the test until Friday, the department here is messed up and they're never there :rolleyes: I'll let ya know if I pass! :laugh: I've got to get all the insurance stuff in order so that I'm ready to go. I'm going to talk to the agent to see if I can get some liability and equipment insurance for the business for cheap, because some insurance is better than nothing, which is what I have now.

2. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

:dizzy: ...and more insurance is better than some. All it takes is on accident and you could be out of biz and paying for someone elses bills for a long time. Whatever that insurance costs, just figure it into your overhead with everything else and add it to what you charge your customers. Heck, the $$$ you save not paying your dad to drive you around will probably more than pay for your insurance.LOL:laugh: goodluck Marc

Are We Having Fun Yet???:confused:

3. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats Hank!!!

4. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

just dont do what i did.....go outside and pull the car around for the trooper to get in.......i caught heck for that cause i wasnt yet legally licensed.......good luck on the test

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Fine Lines- Haven't heard much out of you lately. I figured you'd probably say something. LOL.

6. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Congrats. Definately get insurance. It may seem expensive, but not nearly as expensive as not having it. If you ever go after some large commercial work, many will require it. Good luck on your test.

7. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

That's good for you Scag 48. I just wanted to know, do you like work outside of your neighborhood. Is that y you say your dad wonm't have to take you anymore. One other dumb question. why is your name Scag 48? shouldn't it be like Toro 48 cause you own a Toro

8. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to go! Now just make sure you keep the rascal.

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

lawnkid-Actually, 2 years ago, when I first joined up on this site, I wanted a Scag SWZU 48" walkbehind. I don't want one to this date, so I might change my screen name. I don't live in town, actually about 4 miles out of town, so my dad has to drive me EVERYWHERE. I drive 15 miles to one job across the lake and work my way into town, then back out the other side of the lake to my house, making a big U shape route. Works great!

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Now your dad has a whole new set of problems to worry about. Be responsible and safe.