1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Daily maintenance on Exmark48hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Apr 28, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I was just wondering how strictly you follow the guidelines on daily maintenance of the machine. Is it really necessary to grease some of the fittings daily?
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

No its not necessary,but if you want it to last you might want to do it,grease is cheap,its only a minute of your time,to prevent hours of agravation,and downtime when a spindle blows out or from worn out linkages.
  3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with the last post. Preventative maintence is cheap! (compared with alternatives)

Those grease fittings aren't there for decoration.
  4. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Exmark HP and I grease the entire machine about twice a week. Everyday seemed a little too much, I did at first, but realized it wasn't taking that much greasin.
  5. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

What are we supposed to be greasing daily? The schedule on my exmark mostly says to grease every 25 hours.
  6. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Actually I have a part in the owners manuall that indicates some parts should be greased daily.
  7. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

I have just been going by the chart on the floor panel that lifts up. I guess I need to check the manual to be sure I'm not missing something. Thanks.
  8. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

The chart on the floor panel is the same as in my owner's manual and the same PM chart that Exmark has sent me every six months since purchasing the machine. I go by there chart stricly and have found no parts that require greasing everyday. Please let me know if I'm missing something. I put a lot of time in PM and do not want to miss anything.
    Thank you,