1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Daily Production.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SoonerTurf, May 1, 2008.

1. SoonerTurf

SoonerTurf LawnSite Member

Just curious how many jobs you weed and fert guys do per day on average.... our guys are doing 15 - 20 jobs or 75,000 - 100,000 sq ft per day... just wanting to see if this was on par with the rest of the turf world..;)
  2. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

those are 5,000 sq ft lawns.. when I go out WITH a tech, the two of us can average about 20 in a 6 work hour day, with a 15k lawn size average.. when I send a tech out by themselves, it is usually between 12-14 lawns a day.. and I regard that as being a little too slow... but good help is hard to find :)
  3. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds a little light to me. I don't think 4 5k lawns per hour is out of the question. In an 8 hour day ( actual fertilizing time) 30 stops would be acceptable. Of course the drive time is the bigger question. How tight is the route. If you spend a lot of time driving you will lose production.
  4. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

Today I took a helper and tried to finish up my fert list. It didn't happen but we put a good dent in it. 24 accounts, 61 bags in 10 hours. About 549,000 sq. ft. This was done with an electric spreader on a ztr. The helper just dumps bags and blows off walks.