Daily work wear

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by MLAWCARE, Oct 13, 2010.

Work Wear

Poll closed Jan 21, 2011.
  1. Shorts Shirt Tennis shoes

10 vote(s)
  2. Company Uniform

36 vote(s)
  3. Other

19 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tobylou8

tobylou8 LawnSite Bronze Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Wait a minute, maybe not! :)
  2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Lime green t-shirts company name, khaki type shorts, steel toe boots. Or some days I wear a gray sleeveless company shirt with the same shorts and boots. Almost always wear steel toe boots when working though.
  3. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

If I'm reading this correctly as 'You don't need to wear steel toes for mowing' then I'd like to say that it's better to be safe then sorry. I know a guy who chopped his foot in half with his mower, they got it all put back together but it doesn't work quite right. You never know what could happen.

If I read that wrong, then forget it. :rolleyes:

MLAWCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I am not sure you really need steel toed boots but defiantly more protection than tennis shoes.
  5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I wear my printed T's and no sleeve shirts.

The shorts come from Good-Will. I can get 6 pair of shorts for the same price as one pair new and I don't feel the least bit bad when I trash them.
  6. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I guess you're right. Sturdy boots would cover you most of the time. I just prefer them because I do landscape work that I use them for too. I didn't see a need to buy multiple pairs of footwear.
  7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Skip the shirt entirely...saves on laundry costs.

4CORNERS LawnSite Member

Same as h2oskier....damn that's funny. I might have to change our uniforms....just about spit my coffee all over the monitor!
  9. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

My guys have to wear jeans, and polo-shirt, with logo. Tucked in. same hat all around. I wear the same. I know it sounds horrible, but I get compliments from customers and referrals, they feel comfortable and appreciate our professionalism. It works.
  10. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys a little late but i wanted to add a little input. I agree witht he shirts ad jeans and boots. But i think this will make you think twice about putting on a pair of steel toes. Im a scout and 3 years before i joined the troop my brother was just new to the troop. he was standing next to a kid on a trip and the kid ws a friend of the familys. he looked at the sky and told my brother to go to his tent and et his poncho it was going to rain. 3 seconds after he got to his tent there was a big bang and the whole site shook. tents jumped and people came out of the tents. The kid that told my brother to go to his tent was wearing steel toed boots and a was struck by lightning trough the boots. If he wasnt wearing steel toed boots he proboly would have been fine. He passed about two minuets later. This is a true story so please dont bad mouth it or anything. i thought you guys might be intrested.