1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Just starting a thread for us here in North Texas. Maybe we can refer some work to others and such.

2. longjohn

longjohn LawnSite Member

This sounds like a good idea. I'm located in North Richland Hills and cover Haltom City, Watagua, Richland Hills, North Richland Hills, Hurst, Euless, and Bedford. I'm trying to add customers on the same blocks as my current ones to I can schedule better as well as grow my buis. I would like to hear from others in North Texas to compare jobs, pricing, customers etc.

3. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

There was another post for TX that I responded to, but that was more west of us. I run in Frisco, Little Elm, The Colony, Oak Point area. Just received my TDA license and working on insurance and equipment... any suggestions would be great...

Other than maintenance what else do you guy work on... needing somebody with expertise in deck building and natural stone work...

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am up in Denton. We only mow in Denton, Argyle, and Corinth. Just too much traffic to try and go farther south.
    Hodge,
    If you need liability ins. or workmens comp., go to and independent agent and see if they handle American Mercury/ LLoyds insurance. My agent handles this company and their rates are very good compared to others I have looked at.:)

5. greenflag

greenflag LawnSite Member

I'm down south of Fort Worth in Burleson. I am part time, so I keep all my accounts in Burleson.

I did have a request for some work in Fort Worth just north of 20 near the Hallmark area. If anyone works that area email me & I will try to get you hooked up.

Garry

6. adrianvbarrera

adrianvbarrera LawnSite Member

I am just starting and looking to do the Tropy club area.

Anyone doing that area?

Sure would like to hear from anyone else in the DFW area.

ALSO:
    I am looking for a used 36" WB....anyone have some info where I can get some used equipment.

Adrian :blob4:

7. curry

curry LawnSite Member

Hey guys, Im just outside of Waco so Im to far from yall. I thought you might like to know(if you dont already) that one of the best dealers in your area is Crockett Service Center on Harry Hines. Hes 60 miles from me but Ive bought a Toro 36" and Toro 44" Z from him. You cant beet is customer satisfaction. Go check him out.

8. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

TurfGuyTX

Do you know of any company that hands out flyers/hangers. The time to put out 2k - 3k hangers takes away from other work. I have had good success before just looking for a more effective way...

Mowingman,

I finaly went with Hoskiss in dallas, price was right.. thanks for the recommendation.

well the season is starting and I have my liquid and granular items... now just working on a 6, 8, 12 month applicaiton program. Was going to work with Lesco, but now will be working with GreenSmiths in Frisco. Product is good and prices are right... Anybody else doing apps yet?
    :)

9. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Hodge,

I'll try and get the number for you tomorrow. It's at the office and depends on if I have time to be there. If not tomorrow, I'll get it to you before week's end.

Greenflag,

Let's try and hook up. We get calls for Burleson and usually just pass on them. They are just a little out of our area. Maybe they'd be right for you.

10. greenflag

greenflag LawnSite Member

TurfGuy,

That sounds good to me. I try to keep it small, but I have a few I need to weed out if you know what I mean.

Drop me an email

Garry

AdrianBarrera,

I Know a guy that has a Toro Proline 33" if you are intrested.

Email me

Garry