1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. tntrex

tntrex LawnSite Member
    from TX

Hey lawn tech. Im in Kafman County too:).

2. Morningside

Morningside LawnSite Member

i bought a 2007 F250 XLT with the 5.4., long bed. so far its working out great.

f250 001.jpg

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Good looking truck. Should serve you quite well. The color makes me miss my old blue F-150.

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Fantastic looking truck!!

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I think we're planning on moving into the Flower Mound / Lewisville market here in the next few weeks. Got something special planned if all goes well.

We already do an HOA there that takes a whole day, looking at trying to capture the irrigation repair market in Lewsville, FM now.

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Well welcome to the area. I love working in the FM/Lewisville area. Driving around the area is pretty quick.

7. Morningside

I am looking into a commercial applicators lic. so i can spray weeds. i know there are three tests...blah blah. i need to know if i need to be associated with a pesticide co. or something like that? anybody know anything? or can any joe blow mowing service apply and get the lic.?

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

You mean move move? Or branch out?? I know you just built a nice house...

9. Hoots

Hoots LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Morningside, do a yahoo search for Texas Department of Agriculture. The website will have options to apply for license etc. Start there.

I can tell you from experience that it is not cheap.

You must register your business with TDA as a chemical business, obtain the applicator license, pay for the nursery/floral certificate, plus pay for and attend a continuing education class once per year.

The list above is why there are so many companies and individuals spraying illegally.

Good luck.

10. Morningside

thanks Hoots, i stayed up late and found out about all the things you mentioned. now i am looking for some used "manuals" to study from. the floral lic. makes no sense to me. i buy floral wholesale with my sales and use permit. i have never been asked for a "floral lic"