Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Is the grass greening up and growing in the DFW area? The only thing growing good in my area is weeds. The Bermuda is starting to come out alittle and the StAugustine is grenig up but not growing. It seems like the late freezes this year has really slowed everthing down. I forgot about the overseeded rye, it's going ape s crazy but that doesn't count.

2. Hoots

Hoots LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

So this rain event that the news people are talking about, do they have door prizes? games? rides for the kids?

Looks like we will be working on Saturday this week.

Good luck.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Looks like this whole weeks gonna be rained out...fun times.

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Should be interesting trying to work around all the rain.

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

No work today, we should be able to work everyday the rest of this week. I will send em out if they don't have to sit longer than 2 hours waiting the rain out. any longer than that and it's a waste of money. but sitting in the truck for 2 hours is still worth the loss, to avoid getting behind on certain jobs.

6. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Yeh it looks like tomorrow will be good, but wednesday and friday look ify. We shall see!

7. Turf Dawg

Just wait a couple of hours and they will change it again. My area had us at 80% of strong storms on Monday and we got less than 1/10". I think when they call for 70% up I will head on out and not change any plans, but when they call for a 30% down I will take rubber boots and have a back-up plan. We do need some heavy fast rain because the stock tanks are real low.

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Stock tanks...?

I don't know about you but I'm prefer days that are dry. Good weather means money in my pocket. Rainy weather means catching up on paperwork that is a month old (not my fave)

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

So much for that rain today.

10. Turf Dawg

Hey we got the stock tanks full today in my area. As a matter of fact they moved some people out of low areas and water was getting into my mother in laws garage. I looked at the rain guage about 15 min ago and it was at the top of my 6" gauge so I'm not sure how much we have total but it is more than 6".