Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I am going stir crazy. If it snows tomorrow I'm going out with my BR550 BP blower and knocking on doors to blow snow. Worked really well at my house last week and hoping to make some scratch. Who's with me?

2. razorview

razorview LawnSite Member

i live in bedford and do lawns there as well, do you do any in the rustic woods neighborhood area?

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I ain't going out there! Too dang cold for this fatboy :laugh:

4. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL. I changed my mind. Too cold.

5. mjkelly17

mjkelly17 LawnSite Member

So is everyone getting ready for Spring?

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Getting ready my arse, I'm already behind. I hope the soil temp doesn't jump too fast but with these 75 degree days and 62 at 5 this morning I'm hoping some of my Pre-m apps are not too late.

Why does it seem everybody calls when we have a couple warm days and want to know if you can be there tommorrow?

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

By and large nobody does any planning anymore. People are used to getting exactly what they want right now. They don't realize that with some service industries we might have a schedule to keep. And then there are the a-holes that know we have a schedule and they need to plan ahead and they just don't care. They think they are the only person we need to take care of. I had a lady call at noon today asking if I could get her property spring clean up taken care of by 3pm. I laughed so hard she hung up on me.

8. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody got any 1st hand experience doing large open area mowing. Public sector, ball fields, school properties?

9. razorview

razorview LawnSite Member

In my past experience I made more per hour on residential lawns
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. NorthTXlawnguy

NorthTXlawnguy LawnSite Member

I have had a few of these calls lately. It really pisses me off to as to how inconsiderate the people are that want you to jump right now. They have no clue how busy you are and they usually want it done for nothing. I have begun to tell them all I am busy and that I will get to them at a time I arrange with them. If they can't wait a few hours or a day then do I really want them as customers? Probably not!