Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

My phone and email is starting to blow up. I have work lined up at quite a few current client properties and the mowing estimates are starting to roll in. So far it has been a lot of people with weedy lawns needing the weeds cut down but they are agreeing to regular maintenance so they will get turned around soon enough. I don't really know why, but I'm really looking forward to this season more than past seasons. Now if we could get a miracle and the gas prices could stay just south of ridiculous, I'd be really stoked.

2. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

3. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I wonder where this voice of reason regarding supply and demand was 6 years ago? Most of the oil drilling in the US is on private lands. We still need to open up some federal lands and get some of those royalties flowing into the public coffers.

As a side note in the story, yes cars and getting better mileage too. So much so there was some talk of changing the way roads are funded. :dizzy:

Conservation will be a part of what we have to do in the future.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I hope if we get some rain this week it is the hard and fast stuff with plenty of runoff. The light stuff just seems to mess up my plans and is doing nothing for our stock tanks that are dangerously low.

The calls are coming in and it is driving me me crazy saying sorry but cannot handle anymore. :cry::cry::cry:

Speaking of fuel, I had to get some Diesel and some gas for the mower today.
    Diesel 3.999
    Gas 3.599
    Oh chit, here we go again

5. ToddH

Yes, we need some frog chokers. If the lakes and tanks are low in May, then we are toast.

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Wonder if I am going to need a loan to pay this months water bill?

I woke up this morning to make coffe and the water pressure was low, so I though they must have a leak or working on the line somewhere. Well a couple of minutes later the doorbell rings and the neighbor says "I think you have a leak at the side of the house".

I have a lake over there. Why does this stuff happen at night :cry::cry:

7. ToddH

One is you can get a sewer credit for a leak. Two is it happens at night because the pressure is the highest at that time.

Three is you should be getting some good rain too

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

9. BZlawncare

BZlawncare LawnSite Member

Just finished up 15k door hangers, have only had 19 calls, should I be worried did, I do it to soon?

10. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I wouldn't worry too much unless you are rocking the same 19 calls into the 2nd week in March. People are starting to come out of their winter dormancy. I'm going to start hoofing hangers next week. I'll bet your call rate starts rising soon.