Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

What verity would you use

2. WeedManWeatherford

WeedManWeatherford LawnSite Member

The King Ranch Bluestem is driving me crazy and I can't keep up with the glyphosate treatments on new customer's lawns. Has anyone found something that works as a broadcast or zone spray that will severely suppress this stuff? I guess I am looking for any anecdotal potions that I can try. As far as I know, there is nothing really labelled for KR Bluestem or am I mistaken? I appreciate all suggestions and comments. Biz is good! Mother Nature keeps bringing it on!!

3. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

It seems similar to Dallisgrass, you may have to hit it with a non selective herbicide, we will be going in to the dormant season so it would be a good time. That's what I did with the Dallisgrass problems..

4. WeedManWeatherford

Hey, thanks for the reply. Maybe misery just loves company. All I have been doing is hitting with glyphosate since we are in a good time for a thorough kill of root system. This stuff is just crazy even on a few EXISTING lawns it has invaded especially in stressed bermuda. I have tried MSMA on it in the past but it seems to be 50/50 success the following spring on existing clumps.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Hey WeedMan! Good to see someone else from Weatherford on here. I live in Granbury now but was raised in Weatherford. Still do business in Weatherford, Granbury and Aledo. Welcome! I think I have actually seen you out and about a few times. Do you have a lawn or two out right next to the Parker County Airport in that subdivision? I think you treat one right across the street from one of my clients out there.

6. WeedManWeatherford

Hey Woody! Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I have about a dozen or so customers in that Parker Oaks neighborhood and I actually live there. I checked out your website - looks great. I am always looking for someone I can refer customers to if they are in need of your type service. Give me a shout if you see me out and I'll be looking for you as well.

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I'll do that!

8. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Msm turf works great on Bahia grass, and doesn't set the Bermuda back. It isnt labeled to kill kr bluestem, but it might since its a similar to bahia. I have some mow-n-goes with kr bluestem in them, but haven't tried it on them.
    Here's the label for msm.
    http://www.quali-pro.com/files/177/
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Chris112lee

Chris112lee LawnSite Member

I'm looking for someone to service my grandmothers place in colleyville. After trying to contact over 1/2 dozen companies in the area I have been unable to get someone there. As a lco myself, I'm blown away by the horrible service I have received at every company I reached out to down there.

Can anyone help me out here?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Here is a friend of mine who works that area.
    His name is Landon. I don't remember his company name. Phone number 817-501-7177
    Posted via Mobile Device