Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. WeedManWeatherford

WeedManWeatherford LawnSite Member

Looking for mowing/maintenance companies who would like to earn a "referral fee" on their customers who need a fertilization and weed control program. Simple agreement. Let me know. Also, always looking for those who want to sell their small fert/weed control company in Tarrant and Parker counties.

2. SOLLTX

SOLLTX LawnSite Member
    from DFW

Has anyone started to see an increase in business yet this year? Only had a few calls so far, hoping its just because of the late cold snaps.

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

This February was actually my busiest February in 10 years. March started out kind of lagging a bit but I have had a good uptick in contacts over the past week. After that good rain yesterday I am anticipating a swell in calls and emails this coming week.

4. SOLLTX

SOLLTX LawnSite Member
    from DFW

What kind of advertising have you been using? I've done postcards and flyers with some decent results.

5. Woody82986

from DFW, TX

Mostly internet and worth of mouth this season. Quite a few referrals. A few online and print newspaper ads. Honestly, nothing major.

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

How is y'alls St Augustine doing? In my area it is still about 90% dormant. I hope this bad winter with the heavy sleet we had did not hurt it too bad. The Bermuda is doing great.

7. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Same here. In the open areas St Aug maybe 75% dormant and 90% in shady areas. Bermuda was doing good, but the frost Mon night burned it pretty bad. Got down to 30* here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. kcjclandscaping

kcjclandscaping LawnSite Member

Any suggestions on fertilization or weed control to use for customers. Receiving a lot of weed call complaints lately....is it just the rough cold winter we had?

9. Woody82986

from DFW, TX

You can always pick the brain of your local extension agents or the guys where you buy your products from. What particular weeds are you having the most trouble with? Remember, you must have a commercial applicator's license in Texas to use herbicides and pesticides on a for hire basis. If you aren't licensed, I would suggest getting the license or setting up a referral deal with a company that specializes in fertilization and weed control so you don't have to risk a fine.

10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

What is with the dang wind? Enough already, I mean it is June not March.

People calling "when are you going to spray"? Not while the wind is blowing 20 with 30 gust.

sorry, needed a shoulder
    Posted via Mobile Device