Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have heard several places that you should expect only a 1.0% reply rate on your fliers. So, is you put out 100, maybe 1 person will call you. Put out 1000, and 10 people will call.

2. FIRE EATER

FIRE EATER LawnSite Member

Hey, just found this site looking for a used z turn and more business in the Waxahachie Midlothian area. My partner and I started this week going to different businesses looking for new contracts. We have been doing residential for the past 5 years now we are trying to get into some commercial businesses. Any recommendations?

3. Brayzon Landscaping

Brayzon Landscaping LawnSite Member

What other company is distributing flyers, besides H & H Distributing?us flag

4. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

Reed Distributing (Paul) 817-236-6673

5. Brayzon Landscaping

They threw about 3000 of my flyers in the gutter last year! :eek:

6. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Just wanted to see if any one had any toro 2-cycle mowers running or not the wanted to get rid of or wanted hauled off (junkers).

Also, I have 2 scag 36" walk behinds thet are ready to mow one 13 hp kawai the other 18 hp kohler, we are only using the small mowers now and don't need them anymore.

Jason@goodmanserviceslawncare.com

7. Brayzon Landscaping

How much for the scags?

8. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

So, you put out 10,000.... did you get any calls off those? Reason I ask is I don't have anyone put out my flyers. I have to do it myself usually cause I didn't save enough money from the previous year. So, if you say wait I sure want to wait because it is a lot of walking for me.

9. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

I say WAIT. I am gonna wait two weeks probably. I did get a few calls for cleanups and a couple small landscaping jobs but they are pennies compared to what I would have gotten from getting repeat clients. I made enough profit to pay a couple bills but still wished I would have waited. A better marketing method right now is to make a route including all the addresses of weekly and on time service calls you made last year. Any address you have in your database. Go and give them a winter assessment for all the services you provide. Put a $$ figure on a piece of paper and throw a business card with it and hit all the doors in your database. All that cost you is time and you will get a great return because these are folks that have done business with you before.

10. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Anyone want to sell any of their maintenace accounts in Mckinney, Frisco, Allen or Mckinney area? You can PM me.