Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Brayzon Landscaping

Brayzon Landscaping LawnSite Member

It depends on how many you have and what the income of the accounts are. Are you selling the accounts? Where are they located and how many do you have, if you are selling!

2. lawnmom

lawnmom LawnSite Member

They are located in Collin County. Most are regular yards, $25/ mow weekly. We are not selling yet, but possibly soon. (around 70+ accounts).

3. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Are they on contract? Without a good contract probably 10% monthly, of money collected for the next year on all scheduled work and nothing on extras. Without a good contract there is nothing guaranteeing that the customers will stay with the service, they don't like to be bought and sold.

4. Brayzon Landscaping

I would say about $1750.00 is a fair price. You might be able to get $3500.00 from someone that really doesn't know how this business works. The liablity is great for the buyer! You can count on 20% not staying on with the new company.

5. Brayzon Landscaping

I would say about $1750.00 is a fair price. You might be able to get $3500.00 from someone that really doesn't know how this business works. The liablity is great for the buyer! You can count on 20% not staying on with the new company. This is just my opinion from buying accounts in the past.

6. lawnmom

lawnmom LawnSite Member

Dallas Turf,

So if I am collecting $15000 a month for the accounts, a fair price would be $1500 -- is that what you are saying?

Thank you!

7. lawnmom

lawnmom LawnSite Member

Thank you Brayzon for your opinion. How would I start this process? Does the buyer get just the names and addresses? Or is all the CC billing information transferred to the new company?

8. Longstar

Longstar LawnSite Member

If you don't have a buyer for your accounts, let me know. I would be intereted in talking with you about it.
    Thanks,
    Jeff Rice
    Lawn Star Landscape
    lawnstarlandsacpe@sbcglobal.net

9. Dallas Turf

10% of invoices paid for current services through the end of the season as long as they stay with us. No payment on upsells.

Call me if you want to discuss further.

10. Dallas Turf

972-529-2251

Depending on where they are I would be interested.