Dallas-Fort Worth Area LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by TurfGuyTX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Jason

No thank you for being my Lawnsite friend and exchanging inside secrets with me over the years. It is too bad more LCOs were not as far thinking as outrunjason. By networking with an experienced person like your self his bottom line should increase dramatically. Any Businessman who realizes he is better off doing what he does best and networking with those who provide different services is going to get ahead. I see too many jerks try and do it all themselves, fail. It is better not to do a job, than to do it badly.

2. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Thanks Ric for the info.

Hey Dallas Turf. You know I normally do some stuff on my own but last year I went with another local company for doing the ferty and stuff and some of my customers complained they didn't like it or said they never came out. I am not sure that I wanted to do it again. I guess it does not hurt to mention the company as that is what this forum is for. Gro Green is who it was.

I don't think they are a bad company but for me it didn't go over well. If they had a problem they called me. Drove me nuts. Also I have trouble getting anyone to do any type of program. Maybe I just suck at sells. :)

I was told though that there are some kind of pellets or something that dissolve and help water or something like that. Am I off track on this or is there something like that? I am just trying to figure out what to advertise this year knowing we are in a droubt and you really can't water.

3. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Ric,

I agree with you 100%. Jason and I have spoke on the phone numerous times and he is a top notch guy. Helped me out tremendously when I was starting out. Some day I hope to be in a position to repay. Jason, the only thing I didn't like about you is the day you passed by me on the road and called me on my cell phone and said I just lost my W/B off my trailer.:laugh: :laugh: Hope all of you guys have a productive and profitable 2007!

4. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Sorry, It had been done to me, no wait it actually happened oops (walk behind fell off);)

5. outrunjason

from dallas

Well back to my question anyone planning on doing some different marketing this year with the drought? Cause last year I really tried to sell and promote weekly service but they quickly went bye bye. So, is anyone going to maybe work more on bi-weekly customers, or maybe offering some fert packages to help with the drought etc?

Jason

6. Dallas Turf

All that I sold was weekly service, I did walk away from some bi-weekly work, but I did not want to deal with that work.

Even with the drought the cities are allowing once weekly watering which is plenty as long as your work is all irrigated. The customers who followed our irrigation directions had some beautiful lawns last year. Market heavy in the spring and get on a good fertility program and keep marketing through the summer when people are not happy with the service they are getting you will pick up more work.

outrunjason where are you at?

7. outrunjason

from dallas

Good info. I live in Garland. I work in Far north Dallas, Plano, Richardson, and North Garland.

www.jasonslawnservice.com

8. Dallas Turf

I am re-arranging my office and have a 1 year old 2 drawer steel lateral file I need do sell. 36" wide, great shape $100.00 looks like new, I am replacing with a larger unit.

Thanks

9. soccer911

soccer911 LawnSite Member

When is a good time to put out first round of door hangers?

10. outrunjason

from dallas

X2

When is a good time. I know we ask this every year but every year is different in my opinion. I know right now the rye grass in my yard has been growing all the sudden and it's nice and green. Also the weeds have popped up.

On another note has anyone heard the same thing that I have heard. I was watching accuweather or something and they said that this year here we should have close to normal temps and and an average or above rainfall. Well I hope this is true.