Dallis grass? Q4

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ron mexico75, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, thanks for everyones help. So I will take the answer that it is NOT Dallisgrass and that it is Paspalum and is in the same family as Dallisgrass. I guess gly is the only solution.

2. ron mexico75

Really? That much surfactant?

The reason I ask is because of this other thread;

Post numbers 12-15

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am told that the big companies in our area are using Celsius to control the growth not kill it. They probably got something they spike it with.

5. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

I thought I saw GreenDoc say celsius with revolver or momentum would work. Where is the GreenDoc? Too busy these days or did we scare him off??

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yes it was celsius plus revolver that JD said would work..

7. ron mexico75

I thought Celsius and Revolver were for use on warm season grasses only not tall fescue?

8. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Whoops, that's right. I didn't realize you were a cool season guy. Hopefully someone has a solution for you.

9. B & B Lawn Services

B & B Lawn Services LawnSite Member

Celsius/revolver combined with Certainty is the ticket to kill dallisgrass. Works great in warm season grasses(Bermuda & Zoysia). I use Certainty combined with Fusilade in cool season grasses (Fescue). When spraying certainty in fescue, be sure to read lable and mix accordingly. At top strength it will kill/burn fescue. I recommend to spot spray. These combinations are more expensive than Gly, but won't kill your desirable turf.

10. Skipster

Skipster LawnSite Bronze Member

B&B, do you mean "Celsius + Revolver" or "Celsius OR Revolver"? Does it usually work in one app, or do you need to make multiple apps?

How are you using Fusilade in your fescue apps? Fusilade isn't labeled for home lawns, so I assume you're using it in commercial applications only?