1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Damage report so far this year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jul 15, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive been pritty lucky so far. With 4 or 5 employees, the only real screw up was when one of my guys backed a trailer into a brand new Dodge Ram. I had to chuck up $500 (insurance deductable) & steighten my tailgate. Of course Ive had a few flat tires, worn belts and a couple bearings to deal with, but over all it hasent been to bad. (knock on wood)
    Tell us about any damage to your equipment & the story about how it happened this season.
  2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I aint saying squat 'cause I'll jinx myself if I do.
  3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Two belts snapped one week apart, enough said.:(
  4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets see the company I work for the lawn crew has so far caused about $7,000 in damage the landscape crew(my guys) haven't done to bad, we rolled a Kubota excavator and did some damage to the tailgate on one truck nothing really big. Lawn crew forgot to put oil in one of the machines hence motor was done, stick a fork in it, then messed up the deck on a walker mower when they ran it into some headstones.

My own business, a few scratches on my truck n a few broken hand tools....maybe like $35.00 in damge heh.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing that isnt considered maintenance parts. But it still adds up faster than I would like.
  6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Let's just say I am making my dealer a very happy/wealthy man!
  7. furball3

furball3 LawnSite Member

This has been an expensive year for me!

The engine in my F350 gave up the ghost. It had over 250k on it so I cant really complain too much)

On my way to pick up a new engine the flywheel snapped in my Explorer sending the torque converter in a bashing and crashing path of destruction against my bell housing.

Thank The Truck Gods I have a 20 year old F150 that still runs!

As for my mowers. Broken both belts on my Exmark ztr. The belt that drives the blades broke this afternoon. No auto shop I went to had it either. All said somthing about not carrying a 156" belt.... The closest Exmark dealer is 40 minutes north of me. And in the wrong direction I need to go tomorrow. Oh well. They had just beter have one in stock!
  8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i slid down a hill on my Z and made chopped metal out of a landscape light.

ripped the corner off a ground level deck with the deck of my Z

both accidents happened in the first 10 hours of clocktime on my new Z.

So far no other damages have been incurred with the Z in the last 3 weeks.
  9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I think I'll take this one by storm.

1) Got hit by a train, (i get my truck in 7 hours)
    2) Rolled over in my suburban 11 days after the train.
    3) 2 blade adapters went bad, 2 flywheel keys, and starter on a mower.
    4) Backed into a tree today with my trailer, bent the gate a little.
    5) Trailer got jacked in the suburban accident but nothing I couldnt fix.
    6) Seized cluth thingy on a echo cs300 saw

I'm about to spend a week on a skidsteer and excavator, we'll see what comes out of this...
  10. furball3

furball3 LawnSite Member

I'd offer you a ride to pick up the truck but I dont think we would make it there alive:D