1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

damaged junipers

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by captaingreen, Mar 6, 2004.

1. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer with approximately 20 junipers (sea green) in their landscape. The plants are about 10 years old, 3'-4' high, and around 5' in diameter. Over the winter someone decided to take a shortcut in their pickup right through the middle of a row of them. Now I'm planning on fixing this act of stupidity (sorry had to get that off my chest). The biggest plants I can find are 2 gallon, which are obviously quite small in relation to the originals. My question is about how long would it take for the new junipers to catch up, I plan on pruning the old junipers to balance out a little, but obviously this won't totally do the trick. Any input would be appreciated.

2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

If all you can find is 2 gallon then I would suggest you find a new supplier. You should be able to easily find 4-5' Junipers...no they wont be 5' in diameter...just pack them in.

3. scooterdayton

scooterdayton LawnSite Member
    from MN

yea i would go with what kris said and fill them in.......