Damn Concrete Stakes

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Jun 9, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

New concrete poured over the winter at one of our sites. Lines were clearly marked by us prior to the contractor's forming. Ten minutes and a slip fix did the repair trick. Funny (or sad) part of the whole thing was the site custodian who said, "I wondered why there was always a big pool of water in this area." Course, talking to him is a lot like talking to a brick wall. :dizzy:

Pinkham Zone B-12 Punctured Line IV-01.jpg

2. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

had that happen the other month, except a 4" pvc sewer line, site forman tried to blame me. lol it was the stakes / forms for the concrete sidewalk

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

When you cut the thing out and look inside the pipe there is no doubt whatsoever that a pointed object made the puncture wound. Then you line up the puncture with the edge of newly formed concrete and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure things out. :)

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we get stuff like that all the time. when we pipe roof drains around houses and the propane guys come in and break our pipes digging the line into the house. i have fixing 4 inch pipe down to a science, just a coupler and a fernco...6 inch gives me trouble, and if i have to ever go out and fix a broken 8 inch pipe underground i know to get little kids away from the area, cause theres gonna be a lot of swearing..lol