1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

damn customer hit my mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatnj, Sep 18, 2006.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

freakin customer backs into my bobcat w/b today. i parked across the street from his neighbors house and my guy parked the w/b behind the trailer along the curb to get another mower off, so the mower was in a safe spot.im walking back to the truck and the jackass is backing out from his driveway and bam slams the mower. i guess he didnt see it cause he hit it hard. the front tires slammed into the curb and the rear of the mower lifted off the ground. so now the trans speed shifter is all loose, the front tire is bent, brakes dont work, and the houseing wear the belt spins is broke. all he could say was sorry while he was looking at his dented trunk of his lexus. sorry my ass once i send you the bill to fix it. like i have time for this crap
  2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ouch. Thats a tough spot to be in. Either way, and I am sure you know this yourself, you are definetly gonna lose this customer.

I hope its a small yard and not worth keeping.
  3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

that sucks. i wish i was closer, i'd lend you my backup mower.
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Hope you called the police and filed a report. If not good luck collecting.
  5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry man, that does suck. stick the bill to that guy and go from there, take him to court if the bill is big.

but i noticed something, in a couple of posts i've read about people's equipment geting damaged, others have offered to lend out their backup stuff. i think that's amazing, that people we only know from this site would be that kind. I think it's really fantastic, A site member who lives not far from me, offered me the use of his cyclone rake on the weekends to help with my cleanups this year, which was really kind of him. i wouldn't take valuable equipment away from him, but it was really touching that he offered me use of it. I guess we put enough of our personality into our posts, that we can paint a mental picture of everyone.
  6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, falls under collision insurance ( the customers)
    If you didn't get a report, I would call an officer to the shop and get one ASAP
    I learned this when my wifes van got hit while parked.