Damn Kids Toys!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.H.BOY, Sep 12, 2007.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

:cry: I have four kids my self, but I ran over a little kids golf club and it's NOT one of those cheap plastic ones, all metal, man did my TANK choped it up and bent the handle pretty good, did not even see it about 2 feet long, caught the end of it, scared the crap out of me, I was sooooooooooo pissed. I stopped and loaded my zero turn back on the trailer:cry: This ever happened to anyone?

2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

nothing that bad, but lots of tennis and baseballs have been thrown a looooong ways by me on accident.

josh

3. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

Last week I did a new account....came around the corner and caught the rope from the neighbors kids sled...

Long story short, what I didnt realize was that half of the rope was actually wire rope that was the exact color of the long grass. Tried jacking up the mower to undo it from the spindle---no-way....had to drive 15 miles back home to get it apart. The good news is the neighbors were nice and said they were trying to get rid of it anyway. The bad news is I lost about an hour and screwed up the schedule. Lucky I got it shut off before any real damage too!

4. N.H.BOY

Yea it's funny how fast your reaction is to stop the blades when you hear something wrong, even with headphones on

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Lacrosse is big in the town I do most of my mowing in. Sometimes you just dont see those dam balls. The last lacrosse ball that went through my ultra vac cost me $500 for new bearings and fan. I cus every time I have to shut down the mower to pick up a ball. I dont even flinch for tennis balls anymore. You leave it in the yard, I suck it up.

I feel bad if I destroy a small kids toy. 2-10 year old kids. Any kid over that age, Oh well. Pick up you crap.

6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

dog toys used to be my biggest problem. all those chew toys and tennis balls. don't have any of those customers anymore.

7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I jus hooked a swing set made of wood. Got the handle hooked to the ROPS and didnt know til I was in a wheelie. Broke the swing set frame .

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing big here, just the usual dog chain, rhebar, my own pitchfork, coat hanger wire, water meter, concrete culvert, mostly fun stuff.
    One of the reasons I keep getting away from them kind of lawns, you still have to watch out but at least no wine or beer bottles thou I am also highly fond of those little tree stumps you don't see until WHAM! ahhh yes.

I HATE that, I've broken two clothes line sets, one my own, same way.

9. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Yah, I ran over the same type of thing last year. You just can't see them.

A young boy decided to put some river rocks on his lawn about 2 weeks ago. Since there were leaves on the lawn, I didn't see them. Yes, that was aggravating... screwing up my nice sharp blades. I know what you mean. But I wouldn't stop mowing because of it. I'd keep going.

10. N.H.BOY

Yea I was almost done anyways, and that really made me say YES im done now damn it.... Change my blades tomorrow I guess