Damn Predators!

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by STL Ponds and Waterfalls, Jun 7, 2010.

1. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

There is only one original 'Scaresrow', but there are some Knock-offs that are probably inferior

2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I was talking to a friend and he has heard of using a radio to deter herons because they don't like being around human voices???

3. tadpole

May be so in your part of the country. Here on the Gulf Coast they are quite used to human presence. So much so, that they will stand very close to you on a fishing pier waiting for a hand-out or to steal whatever they can. I guess this is their idea of Fast Food!

4. tadpole

This is what can happen if they can't get their preferred Menu Entree.

unluckyrabbit01.jpg

unluckyrabbit02.jpg

unluckyrabbit03.jpg

unluckyrabbit04.jpg

5. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

Holey Cow! They are just mean animals. Just doing thier duty, but I still don't like them. lol

6. JerseyGreen

JerseyGreen LawnSite Member

we have a big problem with heron's around here getting the koi

7. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

8. gunsnroses

gunsnroses LawnSite Senior Member

9. tadpole

10. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

I'm still wondering what it is. We live in a somewhat busy neighborhood, but I haven't lost anymore Koi. I tried a live trap hoping I'd get the resident racoon living in the sewer, but the bait has never been touched. My father in law an old coon hunter suggested sardines for bait. I'm still thinking it's Heron that must be feeding somewhere else at the monet. I don't live close to a stream to think it's a Missouri mink like the other builders house.