Damn price shoppers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Alan, May 4, 2000.

1. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

Bill:<br>That is an interesting comparison. Do you ask many women out to dinner?

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

alan--thanks for your kind response. on a sealed bid where I hand it off to a purchasing officer or mail it in, then that bid to me is final.<p>when I am jacking around with a homeowner taking bids, I do it differently. I price a little high then seem willing to &quot;negotiate&quot;. in the negotiations, I never go below what I really want for the job.<p>If I get the job and the homeowner wants to start &quot;adding&quot;, then is when I pull out the bid and remind the homeowner &quot;that will be an extra charge&quot;. works for me!<p>In any event--hang in there. get through this agrivation and get ready for the next one!!! good luck.<p>GEO

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

GEO you bring up a good point, and that is, NOBODY will ever get every bid they submit, so dont lose sleep over it, the more bids you put in the more jobs will come your way from it.<p>Alan, maybe you could ask what the low bids were, possibility to re-bid? Its done all the time, municipal, state, private, you name it, theres always someone there to spill the beans.<p>Or maybe its a sign that this job would be a payment collection headache down the road.<p>OSC, yes I do, but my wife of 13 years is usually not too happy when she gets wind of it.<p>I used that example to give the young scrubs something they can relate to. My prom days are loooong past. Just a grainy b&w silent film memory.<p>Bill<br>

4. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

I know it was just a comparison, my prom was 2 nights ago!