1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Damn rabbits?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tjcezar, Apr 22, 2004.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

A customer asked me if I knew what kind of plants they could plant that rabbits wouldn't eat (they keep destroying their plants). Does anyone have any ideas?
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Evergreen trees.

Short of that, invest in a Daisy!

3. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe honeysuckle or forsythia. I can't think of any annual flowers that are safe from rabbits, and there are lots of perenial flowers that they love!
  4. Danimal

Danimal LawnSite Member

I got a news letter about a product that is supposed to make the plants taste bad to all animals its called repellex from austree inc. I have never used it or known anyone that has but it may be worth a shot.
  5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Garden Center I work at sells a product called liquid fence which has been very effective, says our customer who continuely come back for more. Contains rotten eggs and some other ingredients, but will not wash away and repell many different animals, the smell eventually goes away as well. But yea any type of plant from the pine family should do, juniper, spruce, etc.