DAMN tru green chem-lawn!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Sep 21, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I recently sat down with a sales rep from TrueGreen Chem-lawn because I have about 200 plus properties that need fert. and weed control for next year. I just wanted them to bid the fert. They don't mow or landscape so I figured whats the big deal? I didnt want to sub out from another lawn care company in fear of them trying to steal my customers. Well lawn aerations are beginning next week and TWO of my customers have called asking me to lower my price to TG's price or they will go with them. The one lawn is aprox.7ksq ft. and has a bunch of trees and shrubs to go around and the rear yard is on a sloping hill to boot. My price was $85.00 their price $60.00. The second customer has roughly 7-8k sq ft and pretty flat and not much to go around, my price was I think $75.00, their price, $60.00. WTF! So I called the sales rep. back and basically said ya know those bids you were going to do for me? Ya might as well go wipe your A$$ with them cause I'm through with you guys. He said well we didnt know they were your customers. I said I dont care its what your doing is the thing that bothers me. Ive had 2 calls from his manager but I have yet to return them. :realmad: :realmad:

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

So because some kid that's sitting in a cubicle sells a couple of aeration jobs (and has NO idea who you are or that you even KNOW these people), you're telling them to take a hike? I think that's the wrong reason, but it's the RIGHT thing to do. You'd be making a BIG mistake having them put their JUNK on your lawns. What are trying to accomplish? Weak unhealthy lawns? Grass that is so nitrogen stressed that it just lays down like a well trained dog? If that's the case, then you're on the right track.

3. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

......Tru-green sucks!!

Dennis

4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tru-green has even started mowing around here....only seen them at commercial jobs and some apt complexes.

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Find someone local who only does fert and use them. Stay AWAY from truebrown.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yep with 200 account to offer you should have no trouble getting some one thats good AND will give you a little $$ for the referrals

7. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

They've been around here for some time now. I just started (today) a commercial property who fired them.

8. gman44

gman44 LawnSite Member

I use a local independent co. to put down chemicals ....We are very clear on were the line is drawn . No stepping on toes .

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

No Runner, the point was that they knew that someone (me) was already doing it they should have kept thier mouth shut and just said ok. Not go on and try to under bid someone.

10. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

what the charge is--within reason...