Dandelion herbicide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Meiklejohn, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Meiklejohn

Meiklejohn LawnSite Member

I have always used your basic broadleaf weed killer to kill dandelions and now I have a customer who is asking me about soemthing called baleen (this is not the correct spelling) and he swears by it. I have never heard of it and could not find it on the net, could anyone help me?
  2. mustang_52

mustang_52 LawnSite Member

I think he's refering to Balan (benefin) which is used for grassy weeds such as crabgrass.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, there are FOOL people out there that will swear to you up and down that Weed-B-Gone will keep crabgrass out, some will tell you that they put down weed and feed and really they are using a preemergent for crabgrass.

Balan, if that's what we are talking about, will do no more to kill or prevent dandelions than sand.

Scary what people will do, and yet they crack down on US, the ones that do this for a living and can actually READ the labels and follow the directions.
  4. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

We had a baseball coach this past year who asked if we used PCP on the ball fields. I knew he meant PCNB to control snow mold, etc. and I politely corrected him.