dandies!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by springover, Apr 16, 2008.

1. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

They can be biennials also.

2. springover

springover LawnSite Member

Yes I have a commercial applicators license and all the questions in the test are about safety and not killing yourself or anyone else.

I guess this forum is only about "wishlists" and "How much revenue you make last year?" bs threads not to get some info to be better at what we do.

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Kiss my arse Rodney.

Yeah, yer right.

I hate wise arses.... and all the help you have given me doesn't count now, you bassad!

:laugh:

And my Ivy eradication aint goin so well either. :cry:

4. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

A biannual usually has a rosette the first year and then flowers the second year if I remember the term correctly.

A dandelion can come up from seed and flower in the same year.....so is it an annual also! :laugh:

No seriously....it is a perennial!

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Sorry buddy! Just wanted to let you know! Hope you are having a good spring! Things have broke lose here and no stopping them! Not getting on here much and having some serious withdraw! :cry:

7. Real Green

Real Green LawnSite Senior Member

When I see you on here posting all I can think about is you looking at me and Lynn with a drop dead serious face and saying "No seriously, I might cry if someone told me I could never get on Lawnsite again..." :laugh:

8. Hoots

Hoots LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Ok, you want some real info? Tell the customer from the beginning that pre-emerging is not always 100% effective. If the timing is off by even a little, or it does not get enough water to incorporate it properly, the product may not be as effective. This is why there are POST-EMERGENT herbicides. The timing from when you put your product down until now does not seem like you got to the "dandies" before they emerged. This compares to me here in Texas trying to pre-emerge for crabgrass today, it has already popped. You have missed your window, weeds have germinated, save your pre-emergent product.

I feel this forum is for people to discuss issues like "I am using product X, how does everyone else feel about it", or equipment malfunctions and things of the like. But, as most people see, on this forum there are a lot of "how do I run my business" questions.

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

SAD isn't it! :laugh:

Hope you are having a good one!

Any luck getting rid of that PG yet?

10. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

I've been in this industry for 30 some years. I'm either mellowing out in my old age or just tired. One thing I have learned is critical thinking. That's all he needed to do. Think about what he did, the end results or outcome. Then educate himself. Giving the answer would have made it too easy. He was just looking for help. I think we did that.