Dandilions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RAlmaroad, Apr 8, 2014.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

I normally only work with warm season-turf on the coast. However one of my best friends has a business with about a 100' strip down the side of his building that is almost yellow with dandelions. I have plenty of Gordon's 3 wayand Drive. Any suggestions to which surfactant will work best to begin to knock them down.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but I just don't do much cool season turf like his fescue/bluegrass mix.

Thanks,

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I use Chameleon non ionic. Works well.
    But honestly Dandy's are easy prey. Mix your 3 way at max rate and have at em. Spike with Octane if you want a quicker visual effect.

3. M&L

M&L LawnSite Member

I use the generic 90/10 from JDL/Lesco
    The 3 way should work fine, but I'd leave the Drive out unless there was CG
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

2 4D Amine

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Warm humid conditions are best. Over 55 and humid with any good wetting agent should work nicely.
    However--once the flowers turn upside down and its been mowed a couple of times--sometimes the biggest dandelions with deepest roots will survive. Best to spray them in the fall when the new dandelion plants are only about 4 inches in diameter.

6. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Thanks guys--not a big issue on surfactant--I use about three main ones for the warm season turf. The use of cool season A.I. are so seldom that remembering which one works best is almost a guess. Thanks again.

7. jds912

jds912 LawnSite Member

Sure it is dandelions and not asiatic hawksbeard? Reason I ask is because it is everywhere down here, becoming a real problem. One or two unmaintaned yards and the neighbords full.