Dane question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by txlawnking, Jul 6, 2004.

1. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Have any great dane user's tried doubles? After reading Tonyr's post on the Raptor's, I/m thinking of doubles with HI-lifts and raptor's. The stock blades are really lame, they have a poor discharge distance, and I'm trying to get a "mulched look" discharging. Also does any one know the place to get the Raptor's online? A local dealer ( that I don't particularly like to deal with) is my only local source, He quoted me @ $85 for a set of the Rapyor's and a set of Hi-lifts.. If it a good deal, I'll get em' from shim ( Not a typo LOL ) ... :D

I almost forgot, it's a52" Surfer..

2. txlawnking

What, am I the only one with a Dane????!! :D

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Yep every one else bought a stander. LOL

4. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Try the bobcat xm blades they really help.

5. txlawnking

Thanks charlie I may try that.. Any others have suggestions?

6. THEMOWERMEDIC

THEMOWERMEDIC LawnSite Member

I have never tried doubling the blades but i have heard it works really well. i have run high lifts and you will lose some power with all the extra resistance high lifts create. you may just try a high lift on the discharge side. i talked to my local dealer he said 65 dollars for the high lift and raptor set and he would ship.

7. txlawnking

Medic who is the dealer? and does he have an 800#?

8. MiracleMan

MiracleMan LawnSite Member

This was a good post King ... Took your advise and got the 52 Surfer also from Cypress. He even delivered it here bout 6pm today. I've never used "Raptors" on my existing Surfer. I always just used Gators and trad. mulching blades. Learning alot from you guys.