Dang dude, this is just wrong

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doh!, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Doh!

Doh! LawnSite Member

While picking up trash and dog toys in the back yard of one of my clients, I found a flyer from a lco with this picture on it. It was kind of torn, and I don't have a scanner to load it up anyway. but just wanted to let that person know that if he is using this picture and he might be a lawn site reader, Dang dude- this is just wrong. Is it that hard to take a pic of your own work?

ls.jpg

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I agree.........that's low down dirty wrong.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well? Who IS this guy? Fill us in. Don't hesitate. We'll take care of it.....

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

call his a** up and chew him out!

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yea man whoever did it is a rat! u know what we do to guys like that in nj? first, we take yur shoes and socks, and make u walk through sticker bushes. then, we shave yur leggs and buttocks, and make u wear girls clothes to a biker bar. then, the worst yet. we make u go on an overnight date with my toothless mother in law!run boy, run fast

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Was the guy trying to claim Eric's lawn as one of his own, or just had the pic on there?

MATT

7. Doh!

Doh! LawnSite Member

My wife threw out all the **** I had in my pockets of my work pants, so the number is gone. The pic did not have the 'elm' writing on it, but by putting it on his flyer, he either suggests that it was his work or that it is representative of his work. In either case, why not use your own lawn pics? Anyway, I will keep an eye out for another one. you never know. I just posted in the first place in case that guy was lurking on the site. It was Ted's or Tim's Lawn Company, something like that. What a turd.

8. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

you in louisville kentucky let me know thanks

9. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

That type of thievery just makes me want to get sick.

Its one thing to steal from someone who is with us. But to steal from a departed man .... burn in ( where everyone wants ice water) scrub-scum!!

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Just throwing this out there, but maybe the guy did get permission from Eric to use his picture. All anyone would have to do is ask Eric for permission to use a pic for a newsletter or a flier, and Eric would e-mail it to them in a higher resolution. (That's if they have been a member here for a long while.)
    Not saying this is the case, just saying it could be a possibility.

Not everyone takes pictures of their lawns, and then when it comes time to make a flier, they don't have one. How do I know this? Because 3 years ago, I asked Eric if I could use one of his pics to use on a newsletter, of course not claiming it to be our own.
    We have since taken lots of pictures of our lawns, and no longer have the need for his picture, but I can understand how somone may be in a bind and not have a pic.

Of course, the guy shouldn't be claiming the picture is a pic of his own work though.