dang , i busted a window !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Oct 28, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i was mowing a toyota dealership today and in the last 2 or 3 rounds i just happened to pick something up and it got flung into the little back window ( about a 15 x 20 ) of a new mini van. this is the first accident ( knock on wood ) that i have had in about 5 years. i felt so bad my heart just sunk when i saw the glass falling. i stopped right then and went and found the g.m and told him.it's so small that i will pay cash not insurance , deductible is way more than the window will be. i am still aggrivated about it. i even had the side chute down but when it came out it threw it up and just kept goin.just glad it was a glass and didnt put a hole in the side of the van.

2. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I would say it is a good day and things worked ou t perfect.

3. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Don't sweat it....It happens.

4. scholzee

scholzee LawnSite Member
    from NY

Good luck hopefully the dealer can do it at cost and be good to you. Post the price of the bill when you get it, but I have a bad feeling it will be $300 to $500.

5. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I have a deductable for any damage to my equipment, but I don't for damage to someone elses property. I have never heard of that. Who do you have your insurance with?

6. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's called LIABILITY insurance, and you need it.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try a trimmer trap blade blocker.

8. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

I'd get liability insurance ASAP. Your current provider will offer it. You are risking losing everything you have by not having liability insurance.

9. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I carry 1.5 million in a liability policy, but there is no deductable with it. What I meant earlier is that I have never heard of a deductable on a liability policy.

10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I would suggest using mulching decks only around cars. It's a high risk type of account to take on, since there are so many things that can be sent flying into new vehicles. Objects can bounce up even with a discharge chute down.