1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dang rain!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by txlawnking, Jun 26, 2004.

1. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone had a thread on here a while back about what to do on a rainy day, How about an entire rainy week? I've been on good ole' LS all week cuz of the rain. Anyone else feel my pain?:D

Lot's of catch up to do......
  2. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I mow even if it rains. I don't mow in the snow or frost. those are the exceptions. If I don't mow in the rain, then tomorrow, what do I do? Tomorrow is already fully booked. If I put it off for a week, it is too long to mow, therefore, I mow. Weekends are for me, not my customers.
  3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

It's rained like 13'' over the last 2 weeks, 4-5" in the last 2 days or so. If you were to try that here with the gumbo mud that's under most people's yards you'd be stuck like chuck. And I don't do weekend work either. I tried Thurs. ( the rain stopped for a couple of hrs.) I went to my one thurs. acct, and her yard was a swamp!! Oh well I'll be busy monday... If the forecaster is wrong..
  4. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Same is happening here. May and June have had 2 - 4 rain days every stinking week.

Weekends are the only way to keep the clients relatively happy when it goes on that long.

Here in Austin we are already 4" over of our normal annual total.

We are thinking about trading in a few of our trailers for blow boats.

Good Luck
  5. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

It's a Pain also for us in the repair portion of yalls business.

Hey thill, where in Austin are you?
  6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

ive heard about alll the rain, even the homedepot's roof clapsing!
  7. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Normally in the past years during June is pretty warm out, but this year the rain has been coming down more than the norm. I keep mowing through it, because everyday is a full day.
  8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Hey, TX, I understand your getting too much rain, but do me a favor.....Stop sending it THIS WAY!!

Hardly worked at all this week. Actually, it's been kind of fun.

Couple of weeks ago, a town near me got like 16 inches in ONE day.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Saw Texas on the Weather Channel today. Must be hard to cut in 2' of water. Been raining this week in NC, First time this year I've had weather problems. 3" in an hour Wed.
    Saw that the Waco area had like 5 inches in the last couple of days. Stayed in a state park just east of Waco for 5 monthes last year and I know that it can rain out there.
  10. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

yal can have all the mud bugs we got in Mississippi.

for free!