DANG!! They Are At It Again!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MMLawn, May 12, 2006.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Well, well. Last week Gary from Better Outdoor Products the maker of the Quick 36 called me and ask if I could come over to their plant in Advance, NC early this week. He told me he had something he wanted to show me and get my input on as a professional LCO. Well, we were slammed so I wasn't able to actually make the short 30 minute drive from here in Greensboro over there until late this afternoon.

My o' my though was it worth it! Better has something REALLY COOL in the works and I have seen it! Their comp that are worried about the Quick 36 esp the new one with the 16HP KAW before........well now they REALLY will have something to worry about! :clapping:

2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you a rep???

3. MMLawn

Nope not hardly. I as I have for 27 years own a LCO. I just happened to write the review of the Quick 36 for TURF Magazine and was very impressed by their produc and that is also how I met Better and because I own a large company that handles nearly 600 cares of turf a week they ask my opinion as a LCO that runs a ton of machines on their machine.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

im interested!!!!! their products look great and have never heard a bad thing about them.

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

C'mon spill them beans....Its a 44" inch hyrdo (betcha its not a single hydro either, eh?)aint it? 48" maybe? You wanna tell, I KNOW you do...Sing, baby sing!

James

6. CURBAPPEAL NC

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

Yeah and they'll probably have another price increase. when i bought my mine it was $200 dollars less than it is now for the same model. (only a year ago) A 10% increase! To cover the expense of new design and effort i'll bet they go up again. Soon they will be up to Big brand prices. Then what will stand them apart?

7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

that 10% increase is probably just the amount they are paying in extra for materials shipping and steel increases. If you look everyone is up and about that much.

8. MMLawn

I wish I could sing James.......I wish I could! Keep watching them though......

9. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

When I was in Niagara Falls N.Y., I was fortunate enough to find a LCO using a quick 36. I used it for 5 minutes (he had a hand held palm and I showed him my website) and fell in love. They sell them here in Canada but after 2 dealers who didn't know their face from their zxy, I decided to buy another product. Shame though, I really liked the quick 36.

10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

DUUUUUUUUDE!!! TELL US!!! I just bought a Samurai last week...I GOTTA KNOW!!!