1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dangerous gravely

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whtrash73, Jul 24, 2006.

1. whtrash73

whtrash73 LawnSite Member

my gravely 260z 2005 model has a factory defect the pto is turning the blades on at any given time.the dealer said a factory defect.if you got one you may wanna fix this before you have a serious accident!!!!:drinkup:
  2. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I heard about that. One of my friends has a gravely ZTR and he left it in his garage at night. His cat was in his garage and must have been under the mower. The blades just came on and chopped the little critter up. It's sad, but its science.:confused:
  3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

He left it running over night? Thats the only way the blades can come on and spin. If the clutch engages with the engine off it will just run down the battery but the blades wont spin.
  4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

YEAH sounds like its getting deep on this post. what really happened to that cat guess well never know:confused:.
  5. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

UMMM YEA, just because the pto switch is malfunctioning doesnt mean it will start the engine, rev it up and engage the pto overnight...something is amiss.
  7. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Total BS as already pointed out by others...
  8. whtrash73

whtrash73 LawnSite Member

what i am trying to say is that when the engine is running the blades will engage when the blade dis-engage is turned off.i got mine replaced.its was no problem for me but if another person operates the mower he will be like that sorry ass cat!

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

it was a joke you dope, now that's funny you fell for it.:laugh:
  10. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

That really got out of hand fast.:laugh:
    ThirdDay, if you haven't already thought about becoming a detective, you need to get on the ball. You figured this one out fast.:walking:

I have actually never seen a Gravely ZTR anywhere except on the internet. I have seen a few of the old tractors, but that's it. The closest dealer is about 25 minutes away and also sells SCAG, which I have seen twice in town, but not on a regular basis. All I really ever see is Grasshopper. I see some Hustlers, Bobcats, and Exmarks, but it seems like the large companies run all Grasshoppers. One company even has their logo on their Grasshoppers (side of seat area). It seems like a waste of money when the truck and trailer transporting them have big Hupman Turf Care logos.

Good job everyone who's posted so far! Now lets focus on the issue that's rell at hand here.

-Nick Howard