1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dash cracked

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by VO Landscape Design, May 26, 2009.

1. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

When I bought my Dodge truck it had a small crack in the plastic dash under the windshield which has turned into a larger crack now going all four ways. It is too late to prevent more cracks I just want to keep it from vibrating and flapping when I go over bumps. Anybody have and idea for some glue or tape (that looks ok) to hold it from bouncing so much?
    Thanks
    VO

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a common problem with older Dodge dashes. Did you get a diesel? www.cumminsforum.com is a great site for info on the diesel and there are a lot of threads about cracked dashes as well.

3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Define older. Doidge is replacing some on trucks that aren't out of warranty yet. It is a very common problem down here. The further south you are, the more plastic breaks down. 90 day plastic mulch in Canada will be broken down in S.Fl in under 2 weeks. And it isn't just Dodge's problem, all makes have to worry about it.

4. JDiepstra

Hmmmmmm I thought is was mostly a second gen issue but I could be wrong. My 04.5 is not by any means new or old but the dash is fine and the truck is outside 24/7.

5. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

Dodge interiors have always sucked, current year models included. It's a tradeoff for the wonderful engine.

6. JDiepstra

I love my interior. I think it's better than the new ones.

7. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

Its a 2001 non diesel. Love the truck just noisy dash. Outside in Iowa 24/7.
    VO

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Down here it gets really bad. I have seen a cracked dash on an 02 dodge that turned into a gaping hole over one bump. Get some cardboard and fill in any holes, then get a dash rug to covr it and your good to go.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an o1 that had a cracked dash that i contacted dodge about several times and was told i was sol, a local news station did a story on cracked dodge dashes last year and I was able to get dodge to replace mine out of warranty.