dating your custmors

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 259 toro, Jun 10, 2009.

1. 259 toro

259 toro LawnSite Member

I have a problem i have started dating one of my customer do i ask for my money still ?????????????????????

2. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: :laugh: is she married? :hammerhead:
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 259 toro

259 toro LawnSite Member

no she is not

4. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

I would say yes. If things get serious then maybe reconsider. I would beware if she coped an attitude if you still wanted to get paid. She should respect the fact that you are still trying to make a living and need to get paid to do it. It would show maturity on her part to respect an agreement.

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Sure you should ask for the money, you are "servicing" her:laugh: I don't like mixing business and pleasure though. If the relationship should go bad then you would probably lose her as a client. Then again she may be your future wife! RUN!!!:laugh:

6. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I don't think she will have a hard time with it. She will understand work is work and your relationship is not part of work. You may have met that way but be professional and there shouldnt be an issue. Now if you guys are shy of getting married play it a bit differently but I think you get the picture.

7. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

One word--------barter.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Been there and done that. You either keep dating her or lose a customer. Keep on charging her. All those trips to Burger King are expensive. Somebody has to pay for them:laugh:

9. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

me..I'd charge but at a discount. She'll more than make up the diff when you flip the bill or say most of them on your nights out..and rightly so. But then again I'm kind of old fashion. Been married 36 years..so still trying to adjust to the new era of the way things are now. Geno

10. IndyIN

IndyIN LawnSite Member

Take the current customer part out of the equation. If you started dating another woman, would you swing by and mow for free? If the relationship is anything at all, I would swing by and mow for free. To me, the same applies to your current situation.

If it's a casual thing, then no I would charge. Switch it around, if she was a hair dresser would you expect free hair cuts because you go out with her once a month? If she was your serious girlfriend?