Dauer vs Unique solid brass fixtures

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by laterno, Mar 5, 2013.

1. laterno

laterno LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner and I'm evaluating a couple of lighting bids for the front of my house. The size of the project is about 20-25 lights. The two bids I'm considering both use solid brass fixtures...one using Unique and the other using Dauer. In my research I am able to find a lot of info about the Unique product but not much on the Dauer. The only info I can find on Dauer is about the LED lamps, but nothing on the fixtures.

Does anyone on here have experience/opinions/thoughts on these two brands? Any info would be appreciated.

2. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

As long as they are both UL listed, you should be fine. Be aware of non-UL listed components out there on the market.

3. dglights

dglights LawnSite Member

I don't think Dauer is a fixture manufacturer. Maybe you have one quote with unique fixtures and unique lamps and another with unique fixtures and daur lamps?

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

unique has great brass fixtures and their LEDs IMO have great color from my experience

Brandon Vaughan
    www.tomscreek.com

5. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Dauer is part of Fusa Corp and are fairly new to fixture manufacturing. To be honest, I believe that they are comparable in quality but Unique has been around for a very long time. Unique was acquired by Toro a couple of years ago so I don't know what changes may have come about since that purchase since I don't use their products. I have used some of the Dauer products and have had no issues yet.
    I hope this helps. I do recommend that you look to an AOLP member for installation however because you can install the best products in the world but they're only as good as the installation.