Davey Commercial Grounds Management

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by brc1989, Apr 14, 2012.

1. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Yes we are a division of Davey Tree Care we work out of separate branches than the tree guys though.

Well our new production manager who was my foreman last year made the list of stuff he thought our branch needed and then our branch manager approves it. He just gave me two of the three new blowers we got because he knows I take care of the equipment.

Also the trimmers I'm getting aren't new they are about two years old, only the stick edger attachment is new. It's a straight shaft one. In April though when we get our new mowers and I'm getting a new laser z 72" with the ultra vac, and possibly a new 52" vantage.

2. brandoncuts54

brandoncuts54 LawnSite Senior Member

So do u drive a truck with a trailer now?

3. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Yup ill be driving a 2012 f350 flex fuel/ gas pick up truck with ext. cab and bed, and a 20ft enclosed trailer (the same one I took pictures of and posted on page 4 of this thread). At least that's the plan for now, and I will have the same mower set up.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  4. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Some pictures of our shop neat and organized, don't know why the one photo came out smaller. We also still have a few walk behinds and vantages in one of our enclosed trailers locked up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Arena landscaping

Arena landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from wayne

I think I just died

6. brandoncuts54

brandoncuts54 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats awesome

7. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

to bad theyre all exmarks.................

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Too bad you're jealous, be gong troll........ :hammerhead:

That shop looks like heaven for me, eXmark and Stihl. Everything looks great and well maintained, Davey seems like an decent company to work for.

9. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

It is, I love exmark mowers honestly part of the reason why I came here was because we use exmark mowers.

10. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Thought is post another update of what's been going on. Been mulching all our large properties by hand instead of having them blown in. Three weeks our branch has probably hand mulched over 600 yards of mulch.

Finally starting mowing next week luckily so should be an interesting first week working with two Hispanic guys who don't speak too much English but know how to mow at least. Got one new property I've only been on once last year and will take all day to mow, guys who did it before says it isn't much fun to mow but we will see. Also I'm disappointed that we aren't getting any new mowers this year, but at least the ones I got are good shape still. Will try to post pics next week.