Davey Commercial Grounds Management

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by brc1989, Apr 14, 2012.

1. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

Hey does your crew also do bed maintenance? If so, what do you guys spray in landscape beds to kill or pretreat for weeds.

2. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Hey sorry I'm taking so long to reply, our managers preach bed maintenance to us daily it's always higher priority than just mowing and striping turf out. We basically just use roundup and I also mix in trimec to help the broadleafs curl over quicker and when I dose it at 4-5 oz a gallon it even kills the grassy weeds quicker. We do have properties where we don't do bed maintenance though as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

So our company is changing its image a little, and since I maintain our corporate headquarters I get to show off the new logo on a new trailer :)

[​IMG]

4. michiganmower10

michiganmower10 LawnSite Member

I saw one of your trailers on 96 or 696 i cant remember now, i think a 450 or 550 stake bed towing a probably 20 ft or so enclosed.

5. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

You guys changing over to white trucks too?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

O ya that sounds like a truck set up we have too, f550 powerstroke with 20ft enclosed. But who you saw work for one of the detroit offices I'm sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. michiganmower10

Looks like you guys have some pretty sweet setups, how do they replace equipment, is it by hours/mileage?

8. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Yes the trucks will be white with decals now too
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

There is no set timing on replacing trucks/trailers, usually every year we just get a new truck and trailer or two and get rid of one truck and trailer, but that's not even necessarily accurate, it also depends on what we can afford to get.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. michiganmower10

I wish when i worked for other companies we got new trucks, most the other companies i worked for bought us used ones and repainted them, we drove some true 'winners' as far as vehicles went.:laugh: