Davey Commercial Grounds Management

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by brc1989, Apr 14, 2012.

1. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Exactly! Plus we get new mowers and equipment almost every year :)

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I might have to get a new job haha.

Hopefully you do well there for a while.

Are they a "lets get it done" or "take the time to do it right" kind of philosophy?

3. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

They are a combination of both with a more laid back attitude than other companies, like get the job done under budget and done correctly, if it can't be done under budgeted hours at least make sure its done right.

4. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

COOL THREAD DUDE AND PLEASE KEEP THOSE PICS COMING PLEASE ! I meet with Steve Nagy who's an arborist at Davey i think? Do you guys mowing the progressive insurance headquarters ? I also saw the Davey booth at the 37th annual student career days and it was pretty sweet!

5. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

im not to fond of davey, they are the low ballers in are area.... i have gone up and bid against them a few times, and there always the low bidder by quite a bit. And from what ive seen there work is pretty bad. Maybe its just our branch who knows.

6. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Ya one of our branch's crews mows the Progressive Insurance building.

O really well all branches aren't the same I can tell you the work that our branch does is very high quality.

7. Wiljockey

Wiljockey LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I'm a supervisor at Brickman. Started as a laborer and have been with them for about seven years. The whole "not paid for drive time" is when your done for the day and headed back to the shop the laborers are taken off the clock. I like Davey alot and I think they do really nice work from what I've seen. Good luck on movin up that ladder!

8. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

O ok ya I knew it was just the laborers that happened to but that's still kind of crappy. Thanks though for the comment !

9. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

So you work for Brickman? So many people on here hate them so much. How do you feel about what people say on this site?

10. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

I'll speak for him.....ITS GOTTA SUCK! :laugh::laugh::laugh: