1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Davey Commercial Grounds Management

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by brc1989, Apr 14, 2012.

1. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

So you guys are working tomorrow?

2. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Oops I meant Thursday we aren't working tomorrow.

3. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

I know I posted a photo of this on the first page but its all I got for now, double cut today with the 72" lazer Z at 3 3/4" height

[​IMG]

4. lazor-cut

from Wixom

I was wondering how Davey has the money to buy new trucks....Then today i Saw a crew in MI Following 2 Line trucks some 3 letter company (NOT DAVEY) But davey was the Sub i guess. I should of taken a pic! Truck was brand new...Said it was from "Kent , Ohio"

Didnt know you guys sent trucks/ crews up from ohio...

5. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

I think alot of there trucks have the Kent Ohio lettering on them just because that's were it all started. However Here in Kansas there trucks say "Olathe Kansas" on them. I think they have alot of money just from the sheer amount of large scale commercial work they do. They do Arlington National cemetery and some other huge commercial projects, there tree division might be the answer to a lot of there new equipment just because there in 44 states and basically do everything.

6. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Well all I know is every single Davey truck and trailer comes from the Davey shop in Kent, OH. They are brought there brand new painted green and lettered up and DOT set up then shipped out to whatever branch in the nation is getting it

7. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

ya that Arlington cemetary is huge they have 12 guys who go there weekly to mow and trim around 350 000 stones takes them the whole week to mow it

8. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

I also read in turf Magazine that A company called greenleaf services works with davey to do the job. I Can only hope to get my feet in that door one day:usflag::usflag:. Are they using the exmark mowers up there to? Also say the Kansas City Tree Fertilizing truck(freight liner) going through town today.

9. brc1989

brc1989 LawnSite Member

Im not 100% sure but I believe almost all Davey CGM branches use Exmark mowers for the most part, like we also have one Turf Tiger and a Cub Cadet rider.

10. lazor-cut

from Wixom

What kinds of trucks do you guys plow with??
    Never personally seen a Davey plow truck here...
    See alot of brickman and united

Crazy how some customers PREFER a company with 500 winter accounts and 300 pieces of equipment! (Not directed to you or Davey just saying....)