1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Daveys lawn program?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by teamgreendude, Jun 30, 2012.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

AMMO is not the same as applying 2.5-5 lb AS + 1/4 lb N from urea triazone or methylene urea. The S from AS has a lot to do with how green the grass is in our types of soil. You need a lot of S for color in alkaline clay soils.

2. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I worked there years ago. I started my lawn career there.

When I was there we used 46-0-0 meted down in water with Formalene (sp)

Formalene was a slow release liquid fertilizer. Clear, and on the thick side.

3. greendoctor

Formolene. AKA Coron, 28-0-0 or urea triazone. When used in a complete fertilizer blend consisting of multiple sources of N, K, P if needed and micronutrients, this is good stuff. I use low rates of 28-0-0 to get extended life out of an AS blend application.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

What about the mg?

5. greendoctor

That is why I like the proprietary formulation of 6-0-0 + Fe, Mg, Mn, and S. Cuts down on the difficulty of formulating.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The formula you mentioned earlier / else where seemed to have similar ratio's to others that I have seen / used. Maybe the big boost in my program is the switch the AS. TYVM

7. greendoctor

AS helps with soil chemistry more than urea bases fertilizers.