Day 1 of advertisement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Jan 12, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, yesterday on Sunday was our 1st day of advertisement.

we had a 3 liner ad in a local free newspaper distributed to my targetted city.

my 4 friends and I handed out 400 door hangers and handed out a few business cards.

Today my 3 friends and I will be going out again to do 200 door hangers.

Just wanted to see how you new guys out there are doing for your advertisments.

I was beginning to think it's a bit too early, but it's never too early. :waving: :waving:
  2. Hokie12

Hokie12 LawnSite Member

How many door hangers can you guys put out in a hour? Im thinking of doing this and trying to estimate how long this might take. Thanks

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

my add dont start till march
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The answer I guess depends upon a few factors. What kind of neighborhood will you be targeting? Are these going to be postage stamp sized yards? Or will these houses be spread far apart with long winding driveways?
    Also depends upon on how "gung ho" you are. Will you be walking fast?

I can only answer for myself, and I know that after about 20 minutes I'm getting tired, and I find myself taking longer and longer to get to each house. :blush:
    You have to be motivated to get those door hangers out there.
    If you have someone that you can take with you that will be even better. That way you can work one side of the street while your helper can work the other.
  5. greenback

greenback LawnSite Member
    from L.I.

i will start advertising in march when its about time to mow and everyone is fed up with their present landscaper:D . just going to drive around a few different neighborhoods and drop them in the mailbox.
  6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

alpine, what's the weather like there?
  7. cecilcountylco

cecilcountylco LawnSite Member

Don't drop anything in anyones mailbox without postage.
  8. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

Ya what cecilcounty said do not put them in the mail box you could get in real trouble doing that. I was also told by someone not to even take the risk of hanging them from the flags on the box.
  9. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

This will be my first week of Advertising. Weather here other than the last two days is freezing, but thought I would give it a try anyway.payup payup
  10. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

The weather is period's of rain with cloudy periods.

My friends and I did 400 in 3hrs with houses that are spread apart. We grabbed our bikes and just hit it up! We were going to do door hangers today but it was raining, so we just said screw it.

I think we'll be saving our door hangers til another 2 weeks to 1 month.

thank god I have good friends to help out