Day 2 Hustler lift kit test

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Aug 27, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Finally a decent yard to test the new lift kit on the Super Z

g-002.jpg

2. tacoma200

I did the right side of the street and one of the larger LCO's did the left. It's a doctors house so I thought he would have been more careful.

g-001.jpg

3. tacoma200

Close up of competition side of the street. What do you guys do when you scalp it like he did?

g-003.jpg

4. tacoma200

Shady Brook I cut this and measured it with a tape at 4". It's not hardly as even but good enough for me. Hope this helps you. That was what you were asking me about I think. No stringers anyway.

g-007.jpg

5. tacoma200

This is the same house before the lift kit was installed. I don't know if the picture will show the roughness of cut and small stringers or not but I can tell you it's much smoother now than it was in this pic. I hope you can tell a difference and this will help someone. Since the mower is doing great I guess this about wraps it up. Hopefully others will have as good of luck and Hustler can consider this problem fixed. Thanks.

2-001.jpg

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Cant wait to get my kit....we're finally getting some MUCH needed rain!

7. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Tacoma you get an A for effort. Outstanding work my friend I greatly appreciate it. You have fought valliently and have overcome. General Lee would be proud!

Look forward to more posts in the future, lets just hope that they do not relate to a poor cut on your Hustler!

:)

8. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

Use the trimmer to smooth out the hard line created by the scalp so it won't be as visible. If I try to fix it with the mower i usually just end up with more scalp marks.

Is there a part number yet for the kit??? I would really like to get one.

9. tacoma200

It's called (Air Lift Kit for XR7 decks) and has alot of part numbers. I would ask PJ in the Huslter forum about how to get this kit. There is a different ones for each deck size. Check out post #5 on this page for more information. There are pictures and TLS has a parts sheet. go to:
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=157971

10. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

I have been watching that thread also. Thanks