Day 8 and it is still raining

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Kelly's Landscaping, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I did a seeding job for this pita Jewish lady whom I really dislike yet still seem to be working for going on 3 1/2 years now. She will not water no matter what yet makes me seed then blames me every year the house is shade and I mean big time shade the fall clean up is $900 and that’s cutting her a break. So anyway I wrote on the bill prey for rain I never thought she would but apparently she is closer to the almighty then all of us landscapers. How would you go about asking her to stop it feels like winter vacation and I need to be out there making money. I am sorry about your lost cuts this week I will see if I can get her to cool it with the prayers.

2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Bring her coffee, get her a gift certificate for a day spa, while she's out at the spa shampoo her rugs and hire the marry maids to clean her house then in December tell her she better pray for snow....:D

The rain is hurting all of us. I feel your pain.

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I feel like such a bum sitting home watch tv and just surfing the next. But what else is there to do? I did spend tuesday with my Grandparents though.

The rain is holding up a 13 pallet retaining wall i need to start!

Matt

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Well, i guess 8 days in... Only 32 more to go.

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Today was on of the worst days for us... lawns now have standing water on them thats pretty deep.Even if it stops tonight i dont think we will be able to cut until monday. Might be better off just starting fresh monday they are all long now aways whats another day or two.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

The heck with the rain. Give here 10k and ask her to strech it into a 100k for you payup Then let her turn the rain to snow:laugh:

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Looks like maybe I get to have a half-day tomorrow as for cuts screw em. I will just have all my lawns on next week I need to get the last of my seeding jobs done and it’s getting close to the wire now. It’s been 6 years since I lost a whole week to rain if only this had happened in august.

8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Took a drive around some of my accounts have atleast a foot of standing water covering the lawns.Now 50 mph winds for tomorrow to top them off with a nice fresh coating of wet leaves. I cant wait to get to work monday :rolleyes:

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

What does the fact that she is Jewish have to do with anything?You could have just said Pita and left that out.

10. Kelly's Landscaping

Of the 250 or so accounts I have worked in the 3 years I have been on my own the top 20 worst customers of all time have all be Jewish. They take Pita to a level you would not believe. If you don't know then you just do not know. But this year I have had it never again no more that’s it. They complain about things you would not expect I have had one this spring cry so loud they needed to be cut that day this was 2 weeks before I started cutting anyone else so we cut them and what do I get for my trouble you just went over the lawn and never turned the blades on. The lawn was 8 inches when I got there and 3 when I left. I had another one bug me for the same thing the year before so we take the full clean up crew to cut it and while there does she come out to talk to us nope she calls the office to say I only wanted the front cut and will not pay for the whole thing. You could hear the mowers running on our answering machine so we were there when she pulled that BS. Both of them we gladly dumped. Another A-hole we signed 2 years ago bumpy uneven yard we are cutting way to low 2 1/2 inches and it still was not low enough for him guy jerked us around for 30 days before going with us trying to get a better deal if he had us do a little of everything. The clean up was only going to be around 90 dollars there was no point but now we were done with them and were doing other things so he starts in about how we should do it for free since we had not been there yet. Firing those last 2 reduced our spring call volume from 30 calls a day to 12-15 imagine 2 idiots called you 5-10 times a day each non stop.

You want more how’s this one 2 next to each other they not only have the balls to ask for a specific day Thursday something I do not do but they wanted a time as well 11-12 no later. They had no such requests when we signed them only after words did this crap start. Then they just kept adding more to our cut claiming the other side of the dead end was there’s as well and we would need to do it and so on and how they were spending good money with us and did not feel they were getting their moneys worth. We had to dump them after 6 weeks of this BS was another 8 months before we got a dime they had never sent a check but acted like we were over paid we had to go through collections for the grand they owed got about 33 cents on the dollar for having our balls busted. Then I have the one that had a sod job which came out great but did not water or do any weed control the following year so its my fault she has weeds and it died. Truth is I liked Jewish people and felt they were great that was 3 years ago before I worked for a few dozen of them. Something about being held in contempt for working on their property just rubs me the wrong way. You have the customers that say can I get you a drink the place looks great then you have the ones that wish you would go away and stop charging them money when they are the ones that called. Have you bill referred to as a scam a few times and see how well you like it cut some one a break and charge them 90 dollars for a hedge and have them freak on you and then maybe you have a clue what I am talking about.