1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Day Dreamin', Fallin' Asleep, Sleepin'

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ClayMcC, Jun 2, 2006.

1. ClayMcC

ClayMcC LawnSite Member

Ever fall asleep on your rider? I almost did yesterday and the day before. Scary. :hammerhead:

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

3. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

How do you do that? Have you not slept for a week or so? You need an IV of RedBull flowing through your system!!!
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I can't see how anoyone could fall asleep on a rider while its running. While its not running, thats a different story though.
  5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

do you have narcolepsy? otherwise i don't see how a person can fall asleep while hitting bumps at those speeds. now typing on the computer, that i can underst:sleeping:
  6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Last year, after mowing all week from daylight to daybreak, I started to doze off while mowing a field at our church. I think w/ all of the bumps & the vibration from the mower it started to rock me to sleep. It didn't help that my headset radio was playing some soothing country at the time. Needless to say, that weeks lines weren't all too straight in the field.
  7. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Ok now it makes sense. when mowing, ALWAYS play something that wont put you to sleep. in other words, get some KISS goin or somethin like that. if you can fall asleep listening to Detroit Rock City, theres obviously something wrong with you.
  8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

At least it wasnt a walk-behind....i guess. Red Bull dude!
  9. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

while working for someone else years ago i fell asleep and hit a tree
    lol truthfully i was just relly tired from a party however i blamed it on some meds i was taking and took the week off
  10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Funny you say that- last week after playing cards with the boys ( and a few barley pops) I was on this site replying to something. dozed off and woke to about 1000000000.00 "H" 's on the screen