Day or Night Doorhangers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by alpine692003, Dec 18, 2003.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

This just came to my mind about 30mins ago.

Do you guys hang door hangers during the day/afternoon/night?

I'm contemplating whether or not to go tonight with my partner and friends!

It might seem like intrusion of privacy in some ways and some ways I look at it as a positive method because I figured, if you hang it at night they may call you the very next day during the day/afternoon for service!

If you hang the door hangers during the day/afternoon, they may just throw it away?

2. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

Go during the day. Your going to wind up on the 11-o'clock news if you go at night!:D

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

10 seconds on tv, gotta be worth some dollarspayup

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

hhaha.. damn.. that's a smart idea, welp, I guess i'll leave it till sunday morning/afternoon then!

Lol, I was gonna go in about 1hr!

5. bobdawg

bobdawg LawnSite Member

Just don't go out on Friday night, you'll have to spend the weekend in jail! :D

6. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a bad idea to go during the night, but make it about 4 or 5 am, no different than the paperperson delivering papers. Kind of nice to do it when people aren't around, don't have many people stopping to talk to you, can cover a lot more ground.

7. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, hanging them during the day is good because you might actually have an opportunity to talk with a few folks. I guess it depends on personality type, but I'm always very glad for that opportunity. Hey, we've all got to sell, to an extent.

8. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I try and deliver before or after lunchtime. At night there's chance that people might feel uncomfortable about uninvited guests being on their property. At lunch there's always that awkward time when someone pulls open the door and you're trying your best to get the flyer to stay put.

When I have a choice, I go in the afternoon as the flyer doesn't stay on the door as long.

9. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I've always noticed more people are out in the front lawn in the afternoons than in the mornings. At least, during the growing season.

Just curious, are you advertising lawn care in December?

Later,
    DFW Area Landcaper

10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL mh, cant remember how many times I was fumbeling around with a doorhanger just as the homeowner opens the door they all have that look like what the he!! are you doing.:laugh: