1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JKOOPERS, Oct 19, 2008.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious to see if anyone else has any contracts with a nation wide day care.
  2. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Did'nt know there was a nation wide daycare. So NO! I do a large local daycare though.
  3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I thought this thread was going to be about employees.
  4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

5. No national chain day cares, but a couple of local ones. The chance of liability scares the crap out of me. Plus they're always underfunded. I've been leveraged into servicing the two I have but I'd prefer to have none.

Why do you ask?

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

well i landed 24 of them and just wanted to see what all the nightmares were. they are no where near under funded. they regional manager told me they have $10,000 in the budget for each store a year for lawn care and landscaping.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

is there a lot of trimming around crap and that kind of stuff?
  8. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

I am with Mr. Haggerty. The liability scares me. I turned down a couple of locals for that reason
    Dave in Dayton
  9. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I did a couple of CW's a few years ago and had trouble getting paid. They always paid at 90 days. Then, one day, one of my guys left a gate open. A motorist brought a kid back they found in the highway median. Every daycare worker got fired and me, Needless to say, I didn't get paid for 3 months of work.

Oh ya, we could only mow the fenced in area during lunch/nap time.

I'll NEVER mow a daycare again!!!