1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Daylilly Farm(women wants to sell)

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by North Ga, Jun 11, 2006.

1. North Ga

North Ga LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

A women down the street has daylillies for sale.All kinds of differnet colors..Place looks like a rainbow right now.Its not just 100-200 plants its over 3,000 plants.The plants have nice clumps too.Said she wants to sell them all because she doesnt have the time to keep up with all them anymore.Said if I know anybody that wants them all said she would sell them for $2.00 per plant.I figured I would post this here,if some of you are interested PM me and I will give you her phone# if interested.

2. ken0564

ken0564 LawnSite Member

North...i might be interested in some. where is she located? PM me with info if you don't mind. Thanks. ken.

3. North Ga

North Ga LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Sent you a PM Ken.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

dang, wish you were in VA

5. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

If anyone in NW Indiana needs daylilies or hostas, there is a huge grower in Rensselaer. Hundreds of varieties of daylilies, scores of hostas. Very cool place.

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

If she lived closer I'd be interested. They do great in landscape beds. Most are sold with 3-5 fans per container. They're a great multiplier. Very easy to make money on along with boxwoods. We grow our own boxwoods. Wintergreen and English.

7. pyrguy

pyrguy LawnSite Member

North, You sure that she's in Ga and not Ohio?

Sounds like my Sister in law. At least she did have a bunch of them.

I could use a few in my yard but I don't need 3k of them.

8. North Ga

North Ga LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Its Ga man.Im 100% sure lol

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

2 bucks a plant seems more like retail than wholesale, at least to me...
    Tell her to have a yard sale, she'll sell half of them, and they'll grow back for next year.

10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid a buck apiece yesterday at the Tri-cities flea market in Bluff City, TN. He will be there next week, too, if anyone in the tri-cities area of northeast TN is interested. A bunch of different colors. I bought five (wow, big spender).
    There are several vendors who sell plants, all quite reasonably priced. Sometimes you can find unusual plants, that the good ol boys have dug up.
    I have a bunch of stuff on the porch, awaiting planting, that I bought there in the last few weeks.