Daytona International Speedway infield grass...

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by SE Ohio Buckeye, Feb 19, 2011.

1. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

I dont watch nascar but just saw a replay on espn and see what you guys are talking about. Hissing, you may be correct, I have never seen natural grass look so green, and there is no way a striping would have that much contrast in color between the darker and lighter areas. I say its paint now that Ive seen it.

2. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

i was there on sat i is definitly painted. there was at least one car thru the infield on sat. sunday the infield was green. so i definitly think it was partly painted.

3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

The thing I noticed watching the race the portion by the main straight-away looked like it was scalped everyother stripe and the uncut portion was tall. You could see dirt up close where it was mowed. From a distance it looked good.

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

You mean sand? :laugh:

5. chaser2587

chaser2587 LawnSite Member

The stripe next to pit road was always dark... no matter if you were looking from the turn 1 side or turn 4 side. You would figure if it was real and had been rolled looking from one way the blades/stripe would be light. Either way it looked good.

6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I bet it looked much better on TV than it looked in person. I thought it looked very thin in the stripes that were light green, like it had been seeded or sodded in stripes and fertilized or painted stripped too.

7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

419 isn't dormant where I play.

8. Landscape Poet

unknown - going to be in Windermere with Rob in the A.M giving a sod estimate..shoot me a P.M with your cell...maybe the three of us can hook up for a early lunch?

9. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I have to do blood work then off to sanford for a mulch/mowing bid on a farm. Thanks though. Where are you getting your sod lately if you don't mind me asking?

10. Landscape Poet

Say hello to the good ol boys of Sanford for me. Funny I am coming to your hood and you are coming to mine. What up with the blood work? Is all good?